Tangential Shear Slitting Machine
The slitting machine shown is an example of one of our tangential shear slitting machines. This machine was built for high-precision slitting and is capable of slitting various materials. This machine has two (2) cantilevered differential rewind air shafts to suit 3” ID plastic cores. The shaft slip torque is automatically controlled as the rewind diameter changes. A programmable length counter can be set so that the machine automatically stops when the preset value has been reached. Other specs and features are below:
- Machine Capacities
- Material: Various
- Electrical: 380 VAC, 3 Phase, 50 Hz OR 460 VAC, 3 Phase, 60 Hz
- Roll Dia. Unwind: Up to 23” Maximum
- Roll Dia. Rewind: Up to 23” Maximum
- Web Speed: 300 Fpm Max, Adjustable
- Air: 90 psig
- Core Specification: 3”
- Welded integral steel frame construction with hinged and electrically interlocked cabinet doors.
- E-Stop buttons /Cable E-stops provided at operator locations around the machine.
- Allen Bradley Panel View touch screen and Allen Bradley PLC components provided for operation of all necessary machine controls.
- Powdered coated machine frame, Cardinal T002-WH08, white 20% gloss.
- Automatic edge guided unwind with ultrasonic edge sensor, +/- 3.0” correction.
- Automatic unwind tension control via ultra sonic sensor feedback to pneumatic brake.
- Blade location is adjustable for material optimization.
- The programmable length counter automatically stops the machine when the preset value has been reached.